- helping with the siding of our community center,
- contributing to our now 501(c)(3) association where any gifts are deductible,
- assisting with the set-up or the clean-up required for social events,
- helping in any way to keep the building and grounds in good shape,
- offering items for the silent auction on New Year’s Eve,
- making an effort to learn how to use a new social media tool (Nextdoor) to communicate,
- buying a brick,
- assisting with decorating,
- bringing along a food dish to one of the many social functions that were scheduled,
- or anything else.
Our annual New Year’s Silent Auction and end-of-year celebration begins at 8 PM on Wednesday. Be thinking about an item(s) you wish to make available at the silent auction. Any item, if sold, also becomes tax-deductible. But even if you do not have an item to offer at the auction, be sure to come for the merriment. It’s a BYO drinks party. And bring along any snack food you wish to share for the party. We will have ice cream, sundae toppings, and non-alcoholic bubbly to share for those who may be interested.
The Board has planned an all-day retreat in January to plan the activities for 2015. We’ll have a full agenda for the retreat and look forward to discussion lots of matters related to the association. If you have any suggestions for topics to address contact one of the CMCA Board members
You Board contains dedicated residents who have worked tirelessly on behalf of the community these past months. The many decisions made during the past 12 months have required numerous hours of deliberation. Listed below are CMCA Board members: Anita Johanson, Chris Spence, Merilee Sommers, John Harland, Deborah Neal, Mike and Patti Smith, and Charles J. Ansorge. If you are pleased with the work of the Board please let them know that. We have made it easy to send a message to all Board members by creating a group identifier in Nextdoor.
Remember these two dates and times: January 8 at 7 PM and February 14 at 10 AM. The first date is for the meeting with the Tillamook County Planning Commission where the proposed resort development on the Spit will be addressed and the second date is the next quarterly meeting of the Cape Meares Community Association. We need a big turnout at the Planning Commission meeting.
We hope there will be a crowd of merry-makers attending the New Year’s Eve festivities at our community center.